Powered by the Cat C4.4 ACERT engine that uses SCR technology, the machines offer 109 and 128 horsepower, respectively. Autoshift transmission has a sixth gear and optional lock up torque converter.
The 440 has 25 percent greater backhoe lifting than the 430F2, at 8,176 pounds. The 450 offers 15 percent higher backhoe lifting capacity than the 450F at 9,248 pounds.
Both backhoe loaders have single-tilt loader arms. Electrical sensors positioned at the tilt and lift arm enable parallel arm movement.
Seat-mounted controls provide a more comfortable operating position with embedded electronic sensors imbedded that automatically detect the seat position. The controls stay with the operator regardless of forward or reverse operation and eliminate the pilot control pods for backhoe operation, increasing legroom at the rear of the cab.
Cat 440, 450 Specifications
- Max digging depth: 15 feet 6 inches
- Net power: 109 horsepower
- Operating weight: 21,825 pounds
- Loader lift capacity: 8,862 pounds
- Standard stick lift capacity @ 8 feet: 8,176
- Max digging depth: 17 feet
- Net power: 128 horsepower
- Operating weight: 24,118 pounds
- Loader lift capacity: 8,963 pounds
- Standard stick lift capacity @ 8 feet: 9,248